Sunday, October 28, 2007

We Need Your Vote!

Jill and I are trying to pick a color for the exterior of the building. (We were originally planning to sandblast the building to get down to the brick, but luckily Chris knocked out an exterior brick by accident and it turns out the building is made of white brick...which is incredibly ugly. So on to Plan B!) We have gotten several paint samples and tested them on the side of the building:



We don't like any of them. Don't worry, that's not what the vote is about. The vote is to settle a disagreement about what color the sample on the left is. Believe it or not, we are having a debate about this, and at times like these we must resort to democracy. Here's a close-up so you can see it by itself:


So go ahead and place your vote as a comment--just click on the word "comment" below. You can vote anonymously if you're not confident about your color vision. Just tell us what color you would say this is, and if you want you can choose another color that this might lean towards (for example, red with some orange in it, or green with a mustard undertone). Come on, don't be shy. Family, friends, bankers, jump right in!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd say it's kinda bluish with a purplish undertone-ish sorta thing. I also sense a yellow aura around it - though, I must admit, it takes a highly trained spiritual eye (like meself) to see it

October 28, 2007 at 11:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, so I totally made up the yellow aura thing - but I just Googled it and whadaya know ... :)
"Yellow aura relates to the spleen and life energy. It is the color of awakening, inspiration, intelligence and action shared, creative, playful, optimistic, easy-going"
If that isn't a sign of my paranormal, other-worldly powers, I don't know what is !!!
(Sssshhhhh .... I sense a disturbance in the force. Gotta go save something)

October 28, 2007 at 12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks like Carolina blue to me. On the picture of the whole wall, it looked as though it had more green.

October 28, 2007 at 1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

North Carolina Blue

Ask the Duke grad what she thinks.

October 28, 2007 at 6:00 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

it looks like a blue-grey to me...I don't know if you would like any sand type color, that is what I think most coffee houses are painted. My suggestion would be something that makes you think of eating and cooking. To me this color is a dark red or you could go crazy and make it like a gingerbread house. The other idea I have is using your icon colors as your palate, but that may be ugly. You could get someone to do murals on the walls too, that would be cool.

October 28, 2007 at 6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home