Sunday, January 31, 2010

Construction again!

Last weekend we scrunched up all the stuff in the kitchen to make room for the construction that will occur over the next 10 days, getting ready for the opening of the Dessert Bar. That means soon I get to engage in one of my favorite activities, kitchen organization! Right now the kitchen is a little tight, though, since one whole side is plasticked off:



So far this round of renovations has been much more fun than the original build-out for Generous Servings. The Apres side of the building is mostly empty during the construction, so here is the "before" picture:



We have already snuck in at night with some of our new lights and decorations and held them up in the room so we can imagine how it's going to look. Jill and Travis and I are really happy with the preliminary look: what has been purely imaginary for months now is starting to take real shape, and we like it.

While we're waiting on the construction, we have been doing a lot of shopping (and everything is in my garage again), including a trip to the restaurant supply store, in which Jill found these great hats:


3 Comments:

Anonymous mari said...

Oooh, I didn't realize that your dessert bar was going to involve construction (other than construction of desserts, that is). Now I'm even more intrigued. Can't wait to see the after pictures.

February 5, 2010 at 6:15 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

love the hat; can't wait to see the new digs!

February 7, 2010 at 5:33 AM  
Blogger abused no more said...

Dear Cooking Doctor;
I have just looked at your list of cooking classes and now I must decide which class to register for. They all sound delicious.
I was pleasantly surprised to read your bio- especially about your background in Microbiology/Immunology. I am also a microbiologist. I just retired after working 40 years in the field. I am from Philly and graduated from Hahnemann University.
I am looking forward to meeting you. BTW, love your blog. You have a great sense of humor.
Rochelle (Shelly) McAlack
rwm9605@comcast.net

February 26, 2010 at 7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home